News Flash


Posted on: March 16, 2021

CA COVID-19 Rent Relief Program

CA COVID-19 Rent Relief Program

The California COVID-19 Rent Relief Program is designed to help low-income Californians with rent payment to landlords. 

Landlords who participate in the program can get reimbursed for 80% of an eligible renter’s unpaid rent between April 1, 2020, and March 31, 2021, if they agree to waive the remaining 20% of unpaid rent during that specific time period. Landlords who have one or more eligible renters can apply for reimbursement. 

Eligible renters whose landlords choose not to participate in the program may apply on their own and receive 25% of unpaid rent between April 1, 2020, and March 31, 2021. Paying this 25% by June 30, 2021, can help keep renters in their homes under the extended eviction protections in Senate Bill 91. 

$62 million is available for tenants and landlords in Santa Clara County from the federal government's $2.6 billion Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2021 providing emergency rental assistance to states and local jurisdictions.

Click the image to learn how the program works. 

Click Image to Learn How the Program Works

Additional Information

Facebook Twitter Email