Building Permit Information Online


All of the features of the Building online system on this page are currently out of service due to technical difficulties. Please submit Building application in person at the Building counter or contact Building Division at 408-866-2130.

The City of Campbell Building Inspection Division offers the ability to view the permit activity and fees associated with permits issued by the Division to any interested individual. If you are looking for the "Public" Permits Query Only site, that does not require a registration or log on click Here.

Licensed Contractors can now apply for “Over the Counter” permits and pay fees for them via the Internet. This new feature of our On-Line Permits System can save you time and help keep Campbell a “green” city, since you will not have to drive to City Hall to apply or pay fees.

If you are a licensed Contractor and would like to utilize this service please fill out our Online Application Registration Form to get started.

If you are already a registered user, you may go directly to the log on page.

To use this service: 
- You must be a licensed contractor.
- You must have a valid Workers Compensation Insurance (or self insure).
- You must have a valid City of Campbell Business License.
- You must register with the City of Campbell Building Department. 
Once you have registered and been provided a user ID and password, you may apply for the following types of permits online.

Residential building Permits 
- Re-roofs with no structural modifications or reframing
- A new water heater or replacement (including associated piping and vents)
- A new HVAC or replacement (including associated piping and vents)
- An electrical service replacement (with a pre-existing meter)
- A furnace replacement
- Copper re-piping
- Installation of a whole house fan 
Online Building Permits can not be issued for: 
- Any project which requires submittal of plans
- Commercial construction/remodel/alteration
- Structure demolition
- Historic structures
- SB 547 (unreinforced masonary) structures
- Structures that are currently in the Code Enforcement process
- Any work on or within manufactured homes
- Work which will disturb asbestos
- New electrical meter/service
- Installation or replacement of interior wall coverings (sheet rock, paneling etc.)
- Repairs to decking or guardrails of decks