Applications and Posters Now Being Accepted
The Civic Improvement Commission is now accepting applications and posters for its annual fifth grade poster contest. With the theme, "What I Love about Campbell", participants are encouraged to creatively convey their meaning through art. Download an application by clicking here.
The annual CIC Student Poster Contest is open to all fifth grade students residing in Campbell or attending a public or private school in Campbell. Winning entries will be rewarded based on neatness, legibility, spelling, grammar and adherence to the contest theme. One grand prize will be given to the best poster submitted. In addition to seeing their posters on display in Downtown Campbell storefronts, all contestants and their families will be invited to the May 11th Civic Improvement Commission meeting for an awards presentation.
One grand prize will be awarded in the form of a brand new bike from Wheel Away Cycle Center in Campbell.
All poster entries must be submitted by Tuesday, April 25, 2017 to the City Manager's office at 70 N. First Street, Campbell, CA, 95008. Additional rules for this year's contest are listed below:
• Entries must incorporate the "What I Love about Campbell" theme and include a short paragraph on the back of the poster explaining the poster’s content (maximum five sentences)
• All artwork must be hand drawn. Computer-generated letters and graphics are not allowed
• Poster dimensions are 22” x 14”on poster board or equivalent material
• Any of the following art media may be used: watercolors, felt pens, colored pens, pencils, crayons or pastels
• The 2017 poster contest application must be completed and attached with glue or tape to the back of the poster entry
• Applications can be picked up from Campbell schools or at City Hall
For more information about the annual CIC Fifth Grade Poster Contest or if you would like to donate a prize, please contact: