Campbell Recreation extends a huge “Danke Schon” and Congratulations to all participants in the 2016 Oktoberfest Fun Run!
A beautiful morning, a beautiful crowd and a lot of Oktoberfest spirit made for an ideal 10K and 5K run/walk. We had a great turnout, and hope you enjoyed the course along the Los Gatos Creek Trail and the post-race festivities.
We look forward to seeing you at the upcoming “Super” Valentine Fun Run, February 11, 2017.
Congratulations to the Top Overall Finishers in the 10K and 5K races: 5K Women Jacqueline Bugna 19:06.9 **New Overall Women’s Oktoberfest Record**
5K Men Andy Crawford 17.14.0
10K Women Samantha Tran 43:43.0
10K Men Randy Piotrowski 40:42.3
Special Congratulatory Shout-Outs to the following Division Record Breakers: 5K Women (20-29) Jacqueline Bugna 19:06.9
5K Men (40-49) Calvin Do 17.49.2
5K Men (50-59) Jeff Hongo 18.21.8
10K Women (13-19) Samantha Tran 43:43.0
10K Women (40-49) Cassie O’Brien 43:51.5
10K Women (60-69) Maridee Charlton 1:01.25
10K Men (3-12) Achint Aju 48:28.9
10K Men (60-69) Bob Anderson 44:04.4
2016 Event Sponsors
Campbell Recreation would also like to thank our sponsors of the Oktoberfest Fun Run, who generously contribute to the success of the race and enjoyment of the post-race fun every year!
• Whole Foods Campbell – known for fresh organic foods, kindly donated delicious organic fruit, bottled waters for each finisher, plus prizes for our place winners.
• Sports Basement of Campbell - who doesn't love this store? Hosted our race packet pickup, supplied gift certificates for winners, and offered 10% off coupons to their store.
• Brown Chicken Brown Cow - a downtown Campbell restaurant featuring great burgers, sandwiches, salads, and a Platinum Donor to our fun runs.
• Jersey Mike’s Subs - known for its premium sliced and grilled subs, makes the most authentic tasting submarine sandwiches since 1956.
• Meriwest Credit Union- the best financial services in the Bay Area.
• New Connections Marketing - Laura Kehl rallied all the healthy goodies for the goodie bags.
• Noah's Bagels -provided pre- and post- race bagel snacks for your health and enjoyment.
• Power Crunch - it's brain food for your body. Brilliant protein nutrition with uncompromising vitality.
• Pro Martial Arts Campbell - inspiring physical fitness, discipline and respect in our youth!
• Running Revolution- supplied generous store certificates for fun post-race raffle prizes. A great local running specialist!
• Sierra Pacific Turf - a leading supplier of turf grass to golf courses, and faithful supporter of many of our events, including both Fun Runs.
• Starbucks - donated the coffee that gets your motor running.
• Tom Vo Photography - our official Fun Run Photographer!